Your estate planning can leave a legacy that speaks far into the future about what you care about in your community. Including your philanthropic goals in your planning with your tax, legal and financial advisors and in conversations with United Way may empower a legacy beyond your expectations.
You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime without impacting your cash flow, lifestyle or family security. With such approaches, you have flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family’s needs change during your lifetime.
- Bequests - Make United Way a beneficiary in your will or trust.
- IRA - Make United Way a beneficiary of your IRA or retirement plan: taking care of your goals for loved ones with other assets on which they won’t have to pay income taxes.
- Life Insurance - Add United Way as a beneficiary of your life insurance.
- Life Insurance - Younger couples create powerful legacies by partnering with UWCNM to share (50/50) the cost of a life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuities - Increase cash flow from your assets, receive an immediate tax deduction for a portion of your gift, and support your philanthropic passion after your life.
As with your annual gift, you may designate your Legacy Gift to benefit the work of United Way and other 501c3s you wish to support.
United Way can set up an endowment in your name that supports your passion for years to come.
- Have provided more than $34 million in irrevocable and revocable gifts in support of their philanthropic passions.
- 77% of that total is committed to benefit the work of United Way of Central New Mexico.
- $25 million are endowment gifts, leaving legacies that keep giving forever.
- Endowments of $10,000 or more provide annual distributions in the donor’s name in perpetuity.
For more information or questions, please contact: Larry Strickland, JD, CPA, Director of Donor Impact (505) 975-7556
See full list of Legacy Giving volunteers who serve on the Legacy Giving Council and Advisory Board.