By joining the Hispano Philanthropic Society, you will have the opportunity to connect with other Hispanics who are committed to making our community a better place to live. HPS focuses on helping middle school youth reach their highest potential by exposing them to college and career opportunities. We partner with Ernie Pyle and Polk Middle School students to showcase what a typical career journey looks like. We inspire students to start thinking about what’s next in their education and encourage high school graduation. We also provide career related workshops and UNM field trips so students can tour the campus and get a feel for college.
The Hispano Philanthropic Society (HPS) engages and nurtures leaders who are committed to serving children and their families for generations to come.
Open to those that make a positive impact through an annual household donation of $1,000 or more.
- Opportunities to improve lives by participating in hands-on service projects.
- Meet and network with community members and business leaders.
- Invitations to all HPS events.
- Recognition on our website.
- Members receive timely legislative updates on bills that impact education and business
The purpose of the Middle School Education Initiative Fund is to empower middle school youth to reach their highest potential. The grants are for programs focused on improving at least one of the following critical indicators of success for middle school youth:
- Attendance and graduation rates in school
- Social emotional learning through extracurricular or out of school time
2020-2021 HPS Funded Programs:
- $20,000 to New Mexico Black History Organizing: Roots Community Leadership
- $50,000 to New Mexico Jazz Workshop: Empowerment Through Music
- $58,200 to Albuquerque Sign Language Academy: Honey Badger Summer Conservation
- $25,000 to Horizons Albuquerque/Horizons Albuquerque Program
- $40,000 to National Dance Institute of New Mexico (NDI) - Dancing to Success
HPS Giving Circle “Amigos United”
- Donors giving $250 or more to the HPS Fund.
- Open to Hispano Philanthropic Members and Non-Members interested in supporting middle school youth.
- Benefits include invitations to all HPS events and recognition on our website.
Interested in becoming a member of HPS or nominating yourself or someone else for a council or committee position? Contact Stephanie.Kozemchak@uwcnm.org