Women United is dedicated to inspiring, educating and encouraging women to affect change in our community. We support nonprofit agencies that help elevate the voice and well-being of women. Members support other women in business, work to make sure more women in our community are self- sufficient, and create more women leaders.
Our Mission: Women United works to create meaningful and lasting change that empowers women to improve their lives. We do this by volunteering our time and funding nonprofit programs that break down barriers for women.
Open to those that make a positive impact through an annual household donation of $1,000 or more.
- Opportunities to visit and tour nonprofit agencies and gain a greater understanding of the barriers that some women face.
- Meet and network with community leaders and business executives.
- Invitations to all Women United events.
- Recognition on our website
Check out who is a member and who serves on the Women United Council, and print out an overview to share with friends! Interested in becoming a WU member or nominating yourself or someone else for a council or committee position? Contact email@example.com
Women United Fund
Grants are given to nonprofit agencies that enhance women’s employability through these focus areas:
- Improve high school graduation rates and/or assist with GED completion
- Provide job skills training and/or retraining for women to secure gainful employment
- Support transitional and/or permanent housing for women
2020-2021 Women United Funded Programs:
- $50,000 to Barrett House’s Emergency Shelter
- $15,000 to Crossroads for Women’s Peer Support Services
- $25,000 to DreamSpring’s Catalyzing Employee & Economic Growth
- $20,000 to Enlace Comunitario’s PROSPER Program
- $35,000 to S.A.F.E. House, Inc.’s Emergency Shelter
- $30,000 to TenderLove Community Center’s Empowering Women for Self Sufficiency Program
Women United Giving Circle
Donors giving $250 or more to the Women United Fund.
Open to Women United Members and Non-Members interested in supporting women’s self-sufficiency programs.
Benefits include invitations to all WU events, recognition on our website and a special Women United tote bag.
Women United Endowment
The Endowment ensures that our work will carry on in perpetuity by providing annual distributions to the Women United Fund.
Thanks to the caring generosity of donors who wish to impact women’s issues in our community, over $125,000 has already been invested as part of UWCNM’s fund at the Albuquerque Community Foundation. At least $1,175,000 more will be added thanks to legacy gifts such as bequests, IRA beneficiary designations, and gifts of paid-up life insurance policies.
A gift to the endowment of $5,000 or more (over 5 years) will be matched by United Way.
Interested in becoming a member of Women United? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.