Kirby Jefferson, who is retired from Intel Corp., will chair the 2017-2018 Board of Directors of United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM). He was elected at the organization’s annual meeting on March 14, 2017. Jefferson also serves as the chair of the Mission: Graduate Vision Council.
In remarks, Jefferson underscored how UWCNM will be fulfilling its mission.
“Many of our donors are expecting a return on their investment and I fully support the strategy to drive community impact. I am excited that we will be putting metrics in place to measure meaningful improvements."
Other Officers Elected to the Board:
- Immediate Past Board Chair - Kyle Beasley, Bank of Albuquerque
- Board Chair Elect- Jason Harrington, HB Construction
- Secretary/Treasurer – Lisa Kruger, Rio Grande Realty & Investments
- Campaign Chair – Ryan Shell, New Mexico Gas Company
- Strategic Development Chair - Norm Becker, New Mexico Mutual
- Public Policy Chair - Carol Mayo Cochran, REDW
- Community Impact Chair - Tony Dees, Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
- Marketing Chair – Del Esparza, Esparza Advertising
- Corporate Cornerstone Chair – Guido Kemp, Wells Fargo
- Rural Committees Chair – Alejandro Ortega, UNM
Newly Elected Members of the Board:
- Bobbie Collins, Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
- Lisa Eden, PNM
- Duke Halle, DDS
- Jessica Hernandez, City of Albuquerque
- Lisa Kruger, Rio Grande Realty & Investments
- Sonya Priestly, Community Volunteer
- Shyla Sheppard, Bow and Arrow Brewery
Board Members Elected to Continuing Terms:
- Norm Becker, New Mexico Mutual
- Del Esparza, Esparza Advertising
- Sandra Podley, Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Dave Seely, Kirtland Federal Credit Union
- Kent Walz, Journal Publishing
The Board of Directors guides the programs and operations of the United Way of Central New Mexico. It formulates and approves long-range goals, approves and monitors the operating budget of the organization, fulfills other governance and fundraising duties and establishes policies for administering the programs and services that fulfill the mission of United Way of Central New Mexico.