Save your money for other things. Tax Help New Mexico, with its 300 volunteers, has begun preparing taxes for families that earn less than $56,000. Volunteers provide these services at 30 different sites across the state.
In 2019, these volunteers prepared 19,000 tax returns in 10 weeks.
Services will be provided until April 15, 2020.
What to bring:
In order to have your taxes prepared at a Tax Help New Mexico location, you MUST bring the following documents that apply:
- Proof of identification (photo ID, driver license, state issued ID, passport, military ID, tribal ID)
- Social Security cards or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for yourself, your spouse and your dependents or anyone else on your return
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Married filing joint: both spouses must be present with proper documentation to complete tax return
- Total paid for day-care provider and the day-care provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage StatementsA copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available and all other tax-related documents