The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNPE) was established in 2005 with funding from UWCNM's Corporate Cornerstone Partners and the Albuquerque Community Foundation. CNPE provides nonprofits with technical assistance, training opportunities, referrals and nonprofit news that is relevant to New Mexico nonprofits. Their services have helped New Mexico nonprofits achieve sustainability by providing best practices, legal requirements, training and networking opportunities to help your organization thrive.
- Resources: Visit our Resources section to find toolkits, videos and links related to critical nonprofit topics such as fundraising, board development, human resources, and more.
- Trainings: CNPE organizes training workshops with some of the best nonprofit trainers and consultants in New Mexico and beyond. Workshops are designed to build key skills such as, grantwriting, financial management, leadership and technology skills.
- Directories: Search their Grantmakers Directory and Nonprofit Directory for funding opportunities and to research or connect with other nonprofits.
- Community: CNPE connects volunteers with nonprofit organizations to help fulfill their missions.
- Jobs: Their nonprofit job board connects nonprofits with the right candidates.
In 2018, CNPE created the New Mexico Nonprofit Principles & Practices Guide to explain the legal requirements and best practices across 12 nonprofit management competencies. It also contains a glossary of nonprofit terminology, and is a great tool for developing nonprofit staff, board members, and other key volunteers. Click here to purchase or download the Guide.