We value every donation we receive from individuals, companies and partners. In turn, we provide stewardship of those funds to measurably improve lives and strengthen our communities.
How We Ensure Accountability
We strive for the highest integrity and commit to best practices in accountability so you can be assured that your donation will make the most impact possible. Some of the practices we have in place to ensure this outcome are:
- Regular financial status reports at Executive and Board of Director meetings from our Finance Committee Chair.
- Approval of annual budget and audited financial statements by the Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Finance subcommittees composed of professionals with expertise in the areas of investment, human resources, audit, budget, and information systems
- Involvement of UWCNM President and CEO as a Finance Committee member
- Regular and frequent contact of Finance committee members and finance staff
- Acceptance of written pledges only
- Reserve funds that cover six months of operating expense and six months of Community Fund grant monies
- Yearly independent audit from a reputable, local accounting firm. These audited financial statements are available to any donor at the UWCNM offices or as a pdf online.
The following documents have been approved by UWCNM's Board of Directors:
- Annual Impact Report
- Updated Bylaws (June 2020)
- Financial Audit
- Federal Tax Form 990
- 501(c)3 Determination Letter
- United Way of Central New Mexico Social Action and Non-Discrimination Policies
- United Way of Central New Mexico Code of Ethics
- United Way of Central New Mexico Conflict of Interest