JOIN US IN 2021
Montezuma Ball, one of New Mexico’s oldest traditions, has selected United Way of Central New Mexico and Explora as beneficiaries of this year’s annual fundraising ball to be held from 6 pm to 9 pm on November 20, 2021, at Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town. Enjoy a special flamenco performance and an exciting live auction that includes travel and party packages! Continue the festivities at the after-party at Casa Esencia from 9 pm to midnight.
*Be sure to scroll down for complete COVID-19 instructions for attendance.
THE ROYAL FAMILY
We are honored and thrilled to announce that the début Royal Family of the 2021 Montezuma Ball will be the phenomenal philanthropic leaders, Rachel, Billy, and London Gupton, and their parents, Lynn and Craig Trojahn. The Gupton and Trojahn family have collectively donated over $500,000 via the United Way of Central New Mexico since 2000 to help support the meaningful work of many nonprofits in our community.
During the pandemic, the Gupton Trojahn family founded the Feeding Families Fund which raised over $250,000, provided over 16,000 meals and supported 41 locally-owned restaurants that helped contribute to over $1.4 million in emergency COVID-19 funding for our community. The Feeding Families Fund is a model program across New Mexico and the country to support restaurants, social profits, and contributors in ensuring food for those being served and economic impact for employees during the quarantine.
The Gupton and Trojahn family have also guided the leadership, engagement, and impact giving of our community in their service roles as multi-generational Alexis de Tocqueville (AdT) Chairs which in 2018-2019 they helped increased AdT membership for the first time in 5 years.
With the joyous birth of London Gupton on August 18th, 2021, this is a particularly celebratory season for their family and brings back fond memories of when Billy and Rachel first met at a Montezuma Ball Committee meeting in 2009. Serving as the 2021 Montezuma Ball Royal Family is a full circle reflection of the tremendous philanthropy – love of humankind and our community – that the Gupton and Trojahn family continually exemplifies.
is a much-anticipated annual gala held at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
held in 1902 as part of the New Mexico Territorial Fair, otherwise known as the New Mexico State Fair
the last historic ball was held at the Alvarado Hotel in Albuquerque
Jim Long and Heritage Hotels and Resorts restored this New Mexico tradition as part of the inauguration of its new Alvarado Ballroom at Hotel Albuquerque
NOTE: *UWCNM takes your health and the health of others very seriously. For this event, UWCNM will adhere to the State of New Mexico’s requirements and guidance that attendees of our live events must:
- Provide Proof of Vaccination (Must provide one of the following at the time of the event)
- Vaccination card (or photo of vaccination card); OR
- Vaccination passport; OR
- Record from any healthcare facility showing proof of vaccination
- A negative viral antigen or PCR test result, dated within 72 hours.
Thanks to our partner, Southwest Labs, we are offering free (up to the first 70 guests who are interested) rapid antigen tests! Guests can obtain a test in these ways:
1) Visit the downtown (117 Gold Ave. SW 87102) or westside (5211 Ouray Rd. NW, Ste. B 87120) location of Southwest Labs on Thursday, Nov. 18, and Friday, Nov. 19, between 7:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. Guests will need to say they are there for Montezuma Ball, show ID, and complete a form.
2) Visit the Southwest Labs rapid test location set up at the Hotel Albuquerque, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Nov. 20 (the night of the event). Come as early as possible as the wait to obtain results is 20-30 minutes.